Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT) is now offering a new service to provide units with a full-featured MDM service to manage their University owned iOS devices. TLT hosts and maintains the service infrastructure and MDM software that empowers IT Units to deploy and manage their iOS devices. We use one of the best Apple device management products available today, the Jamf Pro from JAMF Software. With the Jamf Pro, IT units proactively manage the entire lifecycle of all University owned iOS devices. This includes deploying and maintaining devices, responding to security threats, deploying apps, distributing configurations and analyzing inventory data. For more information about the Jamf Pro product, see http://jamfsoftware.com
This service provides the following features:
- A web-based management interface for IT units to manage their devices
- Stream-lined device enrollment and configuration using the Apple Device Enrollment Program, a component of Apple School Manager
- Save money and retain license ownership of App Store apps by using the Apple Volume Purchase Program, a component of Apple School Manager
- Multi-tenancy: To ensure the security and access control rights for units to only manage devices under their control
- Detailed inventory reports that can be used for audit and security compliance reporting
- A fully maintained on-site server managed by TLT staff, freeing up unit staff time to manage iOS devices
This is service costs $8 per device per year. This price includes MDM server licensing, infrastructure maintenance costs, and training on how to use the service by TLT staff.
You can learn more about the service from our frequently asked questions page.
If your Penn State unit is interested in participating in this service, please see our Agreements page for more information on how to get started.